It’s the first day of a new year and the first day of a new decade. Wow! I’m a full decade older, makes it sound so much worst than I’m a year older huh? If you follow me on Rita Reviews, then you have already read pretty much all of my goals for this year. I didn’t want to repeat them all. It would be silly. I thought I would share with you my goals and hopes for Wickedly Romance this year.
What would be a book blog without some sort of reading goals? This year I decided that I would read 300 books. In 2029, I read 249, so I figured why not. Of course that is only the books on Goodreads which is where I typically keep up with that sort of thing. I always forget to add int he books I read on my Nook to there though. I really wish Nook did like Kindle and connected so I could automatically add my books from wither. I am planning on doing a little better with Goodreads this year as well. I also figured out the issue with Goodreads and fixed it. You shouldn’t have a problem finding me there now.
These are the same as what I share on Rita Reviews but I wanted to share them once again. I have a lot of general blogging goals for the year. I don’t know how or if I am going to be able to accomplish them all but I am certainly going to give it a go.
- Better Time Management: This is a big one. I feel like I don’t do this well enough. Some days I am on top of this. In fact I feel like I breeze through it while other days I feel like I’m drowning and there isn’t enough time in the day.
- Better Photography: This is a goal I am been working on for a while. It is a work in progress. It’s something that you have to practice at to get better and while I think I have gotten better than I was a couple of years ago, I know I still need work.
- Affiliate Marketing: I dabble in this. This year I want to get into more and have a better system in place with it. It is just a small part of my next bigger goal.
- Earn More Money: I would like to earn another $150-300 a month. I have a couple of ways I plan on doing this and I need to get them implemented.
There is plenty of things that I need to do here at Wickedly Romance this year. I have posts that I moved over that need to be updated and gone through. I figure it will take me a good six months or so to get through all of it. I will take as long as it takes.
- All Posts Updated: I plan to go through every single post, check the links, check the images, be sure the featured image is the correct size, etc and update it. While this is a lot it is not as many as it is for Rita Reviews.
- Categories Updated: I plan to delete some old ones and just organize some of the posts better this way.
- Calendars Set Up: Again, my editorial calendar can look a mess at times. This is just a matter of making sure everything is in there since I accidentally deleted this one before Christmas. This biggest goal here is to not overwhelm my calendar with book reviews, that I end up with little time for other things.
- New Colors/Look: This has mostly already happened. I have maybe a few other things to update as far as the look goes. I just wanted a much more cohesive look here. I think I have achieved that with these new colors.
- Newsletter Updated: Again this is something I haven’t changed much other than the colors. I’m giving it a full makeover.
You can head over to this post on Rita Reviews and check out all of my goals for 2020. There is a giveaway there as well, so be sure you enter on both blogs.
Enter below for your chance to win $500 PayPal money to help start the new year off right. Giveaway ends January 16, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST and is open worldwide.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, especially Amazon. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to purchase a book or product using my link.